Monday 17 March 2014

How beautiful was the moment...could not help myself smiling!


A normal common mynah feeding on another common mynah on it mouth was something extraordinary to watch. I saw this happen today at my residence at Shantinagar, Singtam. One of the little birds had a deformed upper mandible bill. It was curved against its evolution. I was gathering off my camera and I missed the moment of the other ‘rup-pee’ feeding the deformed one. How beautiful was the moment...could not help myself smiling. It stayed on the verandah facing me for couple of minutes and it moved away following its partner.
Interestingly, the bill of the deformed common mynah was bit longer and pointed as compared to the other bird. I had never come across such deformity on birds, felt sad but it had survived fighting against all odds. Humans need to take lesson from these small creatures.



No comments: